Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Visit from Larry Rasmussen

Dr. Larry L. Rasmussen, Reinhold Niebuhr Professor of Social Ethics, Emeritus, from Union Seminary, New York, was with us the weekend of October 18-21, first to participate in a panel discussion at the U of M's Conference on Religion and Climate Change, then for worship and an afterword and to deliver the 22nd Kauper lecture on Sunday.


It was a beautiful fall weekend, a great time to reflect on God's call to stewardship of creation and to celebrate the baptism of Norah Ann LeCloux. Sometimes, I wish there were a little camera on my shoulder during baptisms. Norah was remarkably attentive as I spoke and I found myself thinking that those who were in any position other than mine were losing out. What a privilege it is to preside at the Sacrament!


Pastor Sue



No comments:

Popular Posts